Tuesday 12 June 2012

Origins

Here's a brief history of me and trials so you know where I'm coming from.
I started riding in the 90's, not sure how old I was at the time (I'm 29 now) but the pic below should give some indication!
The bike had a few more mods like stronger wheels and a custom bash made up when I decided trials was the road I wanted to go down, I've still got the front wheel in my shed and the rear on my old mans bike!
This made way for something a bit more trials friendly which I went on to compete on around 98ish
After snapping the frame I picked up a Heavy Tools Trials frame but shortly after discovered cars, beer and women and kind of put the bike away.
Fast forward about 8 years and I decided to get back into it before I was too old so the Heavy Tools got a makeover
Since then the frames became more modern and after dabbling with various bikes I started competing again in the British Cup on a compy specced stock. With 24's getting more popular, my thirst for buying bikes and a deal I couldn't refuse I landed upon an Onza Zoot. A few comments from another rider and a brakeless vid later it had to make way as did my stock for my current bike and a whole new direction in my riding.